Lifelong Learning Office
Lifelong Learning Office administers and coordinates educational programmes, activities and courses of further education which enable pedagogical, professional and health care staff to acquire additional competences.The aim of further education (as a part of the Lifelong Learning strategy of UKF) is to increase and enhance the knowledge, skills and abilities acquired in school education primarily through accredited study programmes, training courses, examinations, attestations and interest education. Successful completion of study within the further education does not lead to obtaining an academic title. Lifelong Learning Office is competent for:
- organisation of further education process
- accreditation process of further education programmes
- checking the agenda of further education programmes
- informing the university staff and wide public about possibilities of further education
- enrollment and appeal proceedings within further education
- adjustment of Academic Information System based on the needs of UKF faculties
- further education students and alumni data processing
- ckecking student´s documents prior to issue of the university certificate of further education
- graduation ceremonies of UKF further education students
- reporting of UKF results within the field of further education.
Further education includes:
- Continual education
- Certification of teaching and professional staff
- Further expert education
- Complementary pedagogical study
- Extended study
- Language certificates and exams
- Interest education, citizenship education, senior training (including Nitra Summer University and the University of the Third Age)
Within the further education, UKF provides State Language Exam (Slovak Language Exam) for pedagogical and scientific employees ensured by the Faculty of Arts. More information including the application form can be found here.
Lifelong Learning Office is also in charge of the Quality system management of UKF in education, science, research and other creative activities. Quality system in education at UKF is based on using ESG (European Standards & Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area).