Support Centre for Students with Special Needs
Support Centre for Students with Special Needs, established in 2012/2013, belongs to the Faculty of Education (CPSSP). This centre is (in accordance with the Act no. 131/2002 on Higher Education and its further amendments and in accordance with the Statute of the Faculty of Education of UKF) part of Department of Pedagogy.
Centre provides screening, registration, professional, diagnostic and counselling service to applicants, students and staff with special needs (e.g. with hearing defects, dyslexia, physically disabled, with chronical desease or impairment). Generally, centre offers the following services:
- adjustment of study materials (scanning, zooming of texts, copy service)
- consulting service for applicants and students with special needs with their families and with UKF teachers
- counselling and solving study problems of these students
- coordination of purchase of material and technical equipment and loaning of special compensation devices (magnifying glass, induction loop, etc.) in coperation with Faculty of Education and the University Library
- attendance in professional conferences, seminars and courses
- grant activity tailored to acquiring financial means for securing the above mentioned services
- participation in projects coordinated by other institutions (within or outside UKF).