L3-banner-univerzita

History and Present

 
1959 - The foundation year of Pedagogical Institute in Nitra. The Institute was founded by Decree no. 57/1959 Coll. This Decree abolished the hitherto university-level, higher and secondary schools of pedagogy and established pedagogical institutes for the preparation of junior and senior elementary school teachers. (Teacher preparation for secondary schools was the responsibility of the existing faculties of art, natural sciences and physical education.)
1960 - The educational system at the Pedagogical Institute integrated the preparation of teachers for schools with Hungarian as language of instruction.
1964 - The Pedagogical Institute was renamed to Faculty of Education.
1977 - The independently operating faculties of education were put at the same level as the faculties of art, natural sciences and physical education, and were authorized to prepare secondary school teachers. The first trainees to study the teaching of general subjects for secondary schools enrolled the Faculty of Education in Nitra in the school year 1977/1978.
1992 - The Nitra University emerged for a couple of months and the Faculty of Education became its part (July 1, 1992 – December 11, 1992).
1992 - Establishment of University of Education.  
1993 - Establishment of Faculty of Natural Sciences with its educational and scientific activities.
1996 - Creation of Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra. Its existence was approved by the National Council of the Slovak Republic on October 23, 1996.
1997 - February 13, a gala inauguration of CPU Nitra.
1998 - Faculty of Humanities was renamed to Faculty of Arts.
2001 - Establishment of Faculty of Social Sciences and Health.
2003 - Faculty of Central European Studies is created by merging the ethnic sections at the University.  
2010 - Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra received the status of a university-type school.
 
Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra bears the name of an important figure in the history of Nitra and Slovakia - Constantine the Philosopher (also named as St. Cyril, 827-869, came from Byzantine Empire) who created the first Slavic script and translated religious texts into Old Slavic.

Presentation of UKF

Contact International Relations and Mobility Office

PhDr. Martina Pavlíková, PhD.
Representative of the Vice-rector for International Relations
e-mail:
 
Ing. Katarína Butorová, PhD.
e-mail:

Ing. Anita Garajová, PhD.
e-mail:
 
Mgr. Terézia Paňková
email:

Tel./Fax: +421 37 6408 031
web: https://www.ukf.sk/en/international
 
Mgr. Pavol Vakoš
e-mail:
Tel: +421 37 6408 120
 
Address
International Relations and Mobility Office
Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra
Trieda A. Hlinku 1
949 74 Nitra
Slovak Republic

Contact information

Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra
Tr. A. Hlinku 1, 949 74, Nitra

phone: +421 37 6408 111
fax: +421 37 6408 020
e-mail:

ID: 00157716
VAT: 2021246590
VAT ID: SK 2021246590

ncsrk 2017 s

Facebook

ico-facebook
 

Twitter

ico-twitter    

NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.

If you not change browser settings, you agree to it. Learn more

I understand