The new Erasmus+ programme aims to support actions in the fields of Education, Training, Youth and Sport for the period 2014-2020. Erasmus+ replaces seven programmes bringing together:
- The Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus, Leonardo da Vinci, Comenius, Grundtvig and Jean Monnet)
- The Youth in Action programme
- Five international cooperation programmes (Erasmus Mundus, Tempus, Alfa, Edulink, the programme for cooperation with industrialised countries)
- The new sport action.
Erasmus+ provides grants for a wide range of actions and activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sport. The programme gives opportunities to students, trainees, staff and volunteers to spend a period abroad to increase their skills and employability. It supports organisations to work in transnational partnership and to share innovative practices in the fields of education, training and youth.
ERASMUS+ programme supports the following actions:
- Key Action 1: Learning Mobility of Individuals
- Key Action 2: Cooperation for Innovation and the Exchange of Good Practices
- Key Action 3: Support to Policy Reform
- Jean Monnet
- Sport (centralised activities)
Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra joined the LLP/Erasmus programme (predecessor of the current Erasmus+ programme) yet in the academic year 1998/1999. Since then its keeps intense cooperation with its partner institutions through students and staff exchanges (study, placements, teaching and staff training mobilities) oftently resulting in the further cooperation based on common projects, publishing activities or research work as well.