The research and creative activities at the University are implemented mainly through the research projects with the aim to promote the professional development of the University staff and researchers; they are also a significant source of income to sponsor the individual research activities, equip the University laboratories and lecture halls and provide the researchers with the chance to publish their research outputs.
Research is funded and organized through the grant schemes:
- Institutional resources available in the University Grant Agency (UGA) for the employees under 35 years of age and PhD students in full-time study
- Resources from the national grant agencies – VEGA, VEGA and KEGA
- Non-departmental resources – Ministry of Culture, Government Office and the institutions of the Nitra Region
- International resources – FP7, Horizon 2020, Comenius, Erasmus, International Visegrad Fund etc.
- Resources from the EU structural funds and their operational programs